Pages

Jan 1, 2017

busy busy busy

Man oh man is life flying by!!!

Jason got his scan back the day before Christmas Eve. It would be one of 2 things......YAY it's shrinking or DAMN it's not. Well, it was damn.  Jason's cancer is not only growing, it's spreading. The tumor in his neck is growing around the back of his neck and the tumor in his lungs is growing down and toward his spine. Crap crap crap!  Way to go into the holiday weekend.

First I will tell you this, Jason is a fighter!! He will not give up.....but he is getting tired of fighting. Who can blame him? He is in constant pain, even with all his pain meds. This past week we went to Mercy Fairfield to have a feeding tube placed. Surgery went well and I am getting at least 4 meal supplements in him a day. Hopefully this will help him gain a little weight back. Currently Jason is down to 140lbs.

Tuesday we are heading to B North bright and early! He has to be there at 5:30 for a 7:30 biopsy.  Dr Chua hand picked this surgeon and has talked to him about Jason and his tumor. Apparently the last biopsy was nothing but dead cells. He knows that he needs to be VERY careful and has to get live cancer cells. This biopsy will be sent away to foundation 1 testing. They will test several different treatments on it and see if anything works.

We are also waiting for the Dr to call about getting a nerve block. They called and asked Jason 30 minutes of questions that all answered each other.  It was very annoying! My poor guy could hardly hold the phone up and they could care less. She wouldn't even talk to me.

My mom will be back home on the 9th. I'm glad, I miss having her here. She helps me so much mentally.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and here's to finding a cure in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment