Pages

Dec 15, 2011

Post op appointment

We went back to the oral surgeon today.  Jason was scared that I would pass out again....to be honest so was I!  As we entered the elevator my stomach was flipping a bit and my eyes were getting weird.  Jason went to the restroom while I stood in the hall trying to calm myself down.  Lots of deep breathing.

Once we got to the office and sat down I felt a little better.  I was texting with my friend Melissa trying to keep my mind on other things.  She was scolded me for always caring for others and not taking care of myself.  We got called back to the room and it felt like we were in a small closet....by the way.....SAME room as before!  I found that looking out the window helped and if it makes any sense at all turning the chair sideways made it better.  That had the windows next to me rather than behind me.  I did not pass out!

Dr. Stastny said Jason's mouth is healing very well!  SCORE!  Love good news and no matter how small the news, if it's good we will celebrate it!  Biopsy results came in and yes it is cancer.  The DIAGNOSIS states : Well-differentiated squamous cell carcinoma.  Forget saying that 3 times fast, I can't say it once SLOW!  Doctor would like to see him back in 2 weeks just to make sure everything healed up correctly.

After our appointment we went downstairs to the oncology center.  We set up our appointment, and will be back Tuesday afternoon.  From what Dr. Stastny says, they will create a mouth piece - I guess for the radiation treatments.  This appointment will hopefully let us know what our game plan is from here.

We are still in high spirits, cancer has it's eviction notice.....it's only a matter of time!  And when we have a clean bill of health you are all invited to a CELEBRATION PARTY!  :)

Before I end this entry I want to Thank a few people.  First and foremost I want to thank our family and friends!  With out you I'm not sure where we would be right now, just knowing you're there helps us get through our day!

I also want to thank all the amazing doctors and nurses we have in our corner!  Our family doctor Alexis Coy and her nurse Kim, they have been a great source of support and positive vibes! If your in need of a new family doctor I highly suggest you go to Beckett Ridge Family Medicine and see Alexis and Kim!  I also want to thank Dr Stastny and his nurse Tonya.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to break news like this to anyone much less a young family!  They were so nice and caring and really were amazing!  They took their time and made us feel like they had no other patients but us!  Plus Tonya kept a CLOSE eye on me to be sure I did not pass out again, which she said she thought I might.  With all these amazing people family, friends, doctors and nurses in our corner we should have this cancer licked in no time!

Night everyone!  Kiss you loved ones and tell them you love them & enjoy every day like it's your last because you never know when something like cancer will jump in and take over!

2 comments:

  1. Jaime, you not only know your way around a camera but can throw some words out as well girl!!! I have been and continue to pray for Jason and the family daily. I know that cancer is NEVER a word that anyone wants to hear but I have no doubt that you all will grab it and rip it to shreds!!!
    You are in my thoughts & prayers,
    La Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you all! I'm so pleased to see your good news. Jason, it looks like you're coming up a winner on so many levels. Jaime, you're amazing. I'm certain your kids are heading into Christmas knowing exactly what love is all about. Thanks to God for watching over you.

    -- Ted Dieck

    ReplyDelete