Pages

Jan 16, 2012

Let the feeding (tube) begin!

After talking with Dr. Gerson about Jason's weight loss we decided it was time to start using his feeding tube!  In a matter of 4 weeks Jason lost 20lbs. When we had the G tube placed the nurse went over the directions very quickly and it was a fake feeding, so I learned nothing!  I was very nervous about using the tube and scared I would do something wrong.  Yesterday my friend Lori came over and walked us through a feeding....breathing easy now! Once we work out a routine it will be a piece of cake!  I got a book to keep track of everything he eats and drinks and when  he takes what meds.  That is the only way I will be able to keep track!

Also yesterday, Rachel helped us set up a meal page.  This will help us out SO much!!  There are many days that after treatment the LAST thing I want to do is go stand in the kitchen and cook.  Noah has been doing a great job at helping, but I still have to be close and help.  I want to say this now....THANK YOU to everyone who is, has, or will be helping us!  I may not remember to thank you as often as I should - my brain has been mush - but please know that we appreciate all the help we get and this includes prayers!

The weekend has been a rough one.  Jason has had nausea from the chemo and we have even made a trip to Jewish hospital oncology to have and IV and anti-nausea meds given.  Kicking cancers butt is a tough job...but we are still ready to do it!

My plea to you - If you text or call and we don't call back, please don't worry or get upset!  This is a lot for us to deal with and we get tons of text messages and phone calls and TONS of questions - our brains get over loaded.  I could tell you what my day/night consist of and what Jason's does....but I wont.  I understand everyone wants to know whats going on and if Jason is ok.  He is fine!  We have a few really rough months to go through, but we will make it through and will be so much stronger on the other side.  Freaking out and worrying will not help, all it does is make the healing process harder!  I don't want Jason to worry about ANYTHING other than getting better!  Positive thoughts only!!  My job is to take care of JASON and my kids....no one else!  I don't mean to sound mean but I have to keep my focus where it needs to be, and honestly I'm lucky to have energy to do that!

Last comment then I will stop with my demands.....MANY of you question what we are doing...treatment, meds etc.  We have THE BEST doctors on our side, they want nothing but the best for Jason - and they will do everything in their power to be sure he has everything he needs!  They make sure we know all the consequences of not following their orders ...we know ALL the information.  Please don't question what we are doing or try to suggest other things.  We will do exactly what our doctors say and nothing else!  They know what they are doing and I trust them 110%!

I'm sorry about the last 2 paragraphs, but the last few days I have been bombarded by questions, comments, calls, texts, etc and it caused me to have a break down I did not need to have!  I have to stay strong and I will!  :)

The link to the meal page is to the right of this entry at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment