Pages

Jan 4, 2012

Who are we and How did we become us?

Many of you may not know how Jason and I met or anything about our family. Well, I'm going to give you a sneak peek into just that!

It was my senior year of high school, and my friends and I would often go to the bowling alley to shoot pool.  This weekend the billiard was packed and in the far corner I could see a group of 3 guys.  One in particular stood out to me!  I was never the one to go up to a guy so I was not sure what to do....but I knew I wanted to meet him!  I turned to my friend JJ and told him I thought the guy over in the corner was HOT!  JJ jumped up and went over to talk to him!  After many trips back and forth and many questions on if I was 18 or not he came back with a piece of paper, it said Jason Smiddy and his phone number. Yes I giggled and got all weird, AND I had not expected him to come over and sit down to talk to me before he left....WOWZA!  :)


Jason told me to call him after 8 because he would not be home, I think he had a class. COLLEGE BOY!!!  I called him and we talked most of the night.  Our first date, I had to pick him up because he had his license taken away after an accident.  We went to Frisch's and I ate french fries because I was scared to eat REAL food in front of him. After that we went back to his moms apartment and hung out.  Asking Jason now, he said he was nervous....not as much as me!


After that first date we were together most of the time! Mr. "I'm so big and bad" started wearing his seat belt in my car...only because I wouldn't drive until he he buckled up.....AND he started to listening to country music!!  Jason was my date to my Senior prom and shortly after Senior year we decided to move in together. We got married on April 25, 1998 and had our first baby Noah - December 8, 1998.  (We wasted no time!) We had a small wedding, close family and a few friends gathered at a gazebo behind the church, then went back to our place after.  We have plans to renew our vows on a beach VERY soon!  Our marriage was not the easiest in the beginning, I'm sure it had something to do with the wasting no time part....but no matter how many arguments we had.....I loved him more than anything!  We had our beautiful daughter Faith on July 21, 2001 and Austin was a surprise showing up August 20, 2002!  Our family was now complete and  it was time to enjoy it!  Through the years we moved from Finneytown to Glendale and then to West Chester- where we are now!

Jason and I have had our ups and our downs....we were even separated for a short time....but even while we were separated and I did not want to see him, we were dating!  I just can't seem to get enough of him!  You may hear people say, "He completes me" well as corny as it is.....he does!  Jason fills me with love, he helps me when I'm down and we fit together perfectly!  NOTHING can make me feel better faster than being wrapped in his arms!  He makes me smile when I want to be mad and laugh when I want to cry!  I LOVE him!


Funny facts -

My grandpa never called Jason by his name.  When I introduced them I said "Grandpa, this is Jason"  His quick reply "Hello Jasper".  Jason was quick to correct him, "No sir it's Jason".  "I know that Jasper!"  {{Giggles}} Until the day we lost my Grandpa to cancer, Jason was always Jasper!

Growing up Jason and his family used to drive past my house ALL the time to drop his brother off at St. X.  They probably passed me while I did cartwheels in the front yard!  :)

BOTH of our families have ties back to Glendale Ohio - AND know many of the same people!

Noah's middle name is 'Jay' which was my nickname through H.S. AND Jason goes by that name at work and with some friends.

Jason has many names.....Jason, John, Jay, Jasper.......

CURRENT
Today we meet with Dr Gerson again.(Radiologist)  She called yesterday and wants to change how they have his head placed for radiation next week.  She also said lets do treatment BEFORE surgery!  She thinks she can cure him with out it!  We LOVE her!  Update on that appointment later!

No comments:

Post a Comment