Pages

Jan 7, 2012

Romantic Night Away

Greetings from the beautiful and peaceful Bethesda North Hospital, well unless you count the old lady down the hall screaming at me when I walk past her room!  "HEY GIRL, COME HERE GIRL......HEY GIRL.....COME HERE!!" Yes, I ran away!

Yesterday we arrived a little nervous, but ready to get going!  They took Jason back and got his IV and gave him a very pretty gown!!  I got to spend some time with him before they took him in to surgery, we spoke to LOTS of doctors and gave them all the same answers...they really need to compare notes!  They wanted to try using the "twilight" gas and hoped that he would not keep coming out of it, but because he is young and fit they were not sure.  I found out after that they did have to fully sedate him.  This proved to be an interesting time in recovery!  He teased the nurses and asked them the same questions over and over again.  They really enjoyed him, and I took a video!  When waiting for transport to his room I told him he was to close his eyes and pretend he was asleep...no talking to strange people or they may place him in a padded room!

Once we got to the room it was a lot of shuffling around and MANY questions!  By the time everything settled down it was 9:30!  Up and down all night and a fever made for a busy night.  He has been doing well this morning, his fever is going down and he is keeping his pain meds going.


The GI Dr came in already today and said he wanted to do some blood work, a urine test and a chest x-ray......then......he may discharge him!!  That makes Jason a happy boy, he wants to be home to watch the Bengals lose today!  HA HA

Communication was not the best yesterday...but it was hard to text or call people when I had 100 other things going on...so for that I want to apologize to family and friends.  Jason is my #1 priority and he comes first!  

Thanks for you continued support!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment